Friday, March 4, 2011

Thanksgiving in March

I’m attending the Florida Christian Writer’s Conference where I feel like I’ve been invited to a feast.

God seem to whisper in my ear, “What will you have?”

“A healthy portion of faithfulness, please,” I reply, “So that I can be faithful in what You’ve called me to do with my writing.”

He smiles. “Enjoy.”

I feast on the words and wisdom of the staff writers who have been where I am and now enjoy the fruit of their labor. I quench my thirst with the excitement of other conferencees as I listen to the passion with which they tell their stories. I savor the workshops.

“Full yet?” God asked me this morning as I woke to day two of the conference.

I think about the meetings I want to attend for the rest of the weekend and the people I hope to speak with. “No. I’m as hungry today as I was when I arrived.”

“Good. Enjoy the feast.”

Excited about my day, I throw my bed covers off of me. “I will.”

Thanksgiving in March? Who knew.

1 comment:

Kellie Wilkes said...

I can't wait to hear more!!!