Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Right Ingredients

As the years have passed, I've realized the way I like to celebrate my birthday has also changed. My list of material things has grown smaller and my list of memory makers has grown larger. Year 47 of my life has started out with the right ingredients for making special memories. Here is the recipe:

*An early morning singing phone call from a five-year-old; my friend's daughter
*The men in my life, my husband and sons, scurrying around the kitchen to make me breakfast
*Heart shaped scrambled eggs (that takes talent)
*Home-made cards
*A clean house, which was the only thing I requested
*Birthday cards in the mail
*Birthday wishes from on line communications
*Dinner with dear friends

Mix this all together and allow it to unfold over twelve hours. The results; a perfect day because it had all the right ingredients.

No comments: